My pathway to having a psychotherapy practice was a bit circuitous, as I followed my interests in social justice, community care, dance and movement studies, and different approaches to wellness. It has been fulfilling to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, in many different settings.
My own experiences with persistent pain led me to the Feldenkrais Method® – from there I continued my studies toward integrating my interests into a practice of trauma-informed, anti-oppression, body-centered counseling.
Identity and background: I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and have lived in Portland since 1997. I am a cisgender (she/her pronouns), white lesbian with Jewish and West European ancestry.
- Working with Latine people since 1989;
- International experience includes study abroad, volunteering, and travel in Spain, Nicaragua, El Salvador, and Mexico;
- Working in social services since 1993, in areas such as community health, HIV/AIDS services, families involved in the child welfare system, hospital social work, and outpatient mental health agencies;
- Working with LGBTQ2IA+ people since 1996;
- Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioner since 2007;
- Psychotherapy practice since 2009, providing therapy in Spanish and English;
- Psychotherapy specifically with trans and nonbinary clients since 2011, including evaluations for gender-confirming procedures using WPATH guidelines;
- In private practice since 2016.
Credentials and Training:
- Ongoing continuing education with emphasis on trauma treatment, chronic pain, Internal Family Systems, Interpersonal Neurobiology, Liberation Psychology & Emergent Strategy, and various body-centered modalities
- Levels 1 & 2 Emotional Freedom Techniques with ACEP (27 hours), 2022
- Level 1 Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Training (80 hours), 2013
- Guild-Certified Feldenkrais Practitionercm, since 2007
- Victoria Feldenkrais Teacher Training (800 hours), 2007
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Oregon, since 2006 – lic. # L3843
- Masters in Social Work, 2000
- BA in Comparative Sociology, Minor in Spanish, 1990